Manufacturing Cost Analyzer (MCA)
Manufacturing Cost Analyzer (MCA) is a web based analytical application targeted for executive level management of the manufacturing and CPG/FMCG Companies having production units spread across geographies. It allows decision makers to analyze variances, trends and details relating to business costs across different factories, brands and profit centers.
In a cost driven consumer market, cost leadership not only increases the market share but also improves bottom line of any organization. To achieve and maintain the cost leadership, organizations focus on improving the plants efficiencies, reducing the input material consumptions, overheads and optimize the supply chain. For doing all these organizations face immense challenges in terms of
Getting information on what is the usage/cost variance at granular level (at input materials level) for a product, categories or brand
Comparison of production unit performance (in terms of product costs) for the same product, categories or brand
Identifying the major contributors in the usage & rate variance
Infibidw’s MCA addresses these challenges in innovative ways.
Functionalities and Technical Features
MCA provides immense flexibility to extract powerful business information.
MCA has gotten the following main Features:
- Technical Efficiency: for the selected period and production unit will be calculated:
Item Type Wise
- Variance Analysis: Through score card, MCA provides following types of variances for input materials of products
- Brand Cost Analysis: MCA provides the quantity, target rate, actual rate, total cost for a brand in a selected period.
- Category wise inter factory cost comparison: It provides Category wise Target vs Actual rate / ton in graphical format and drilldown to the specific brand’s cost comparison
- Ability to load data from Backend ERP, Supply Chain Systems, LOB Applications, Databases (Oracle, Sql server, Sybase…) and Flat files
- Analysis tools – Score Cards and Dash Boards
- Trend Graphs and Reports
MCA facilitates users to
Technical Efficiency for products/brands
Products usage/cost variance for products/brands
Inter Production units cost comparison with the help of dashboard, chart, graphs, trends and reports
Consumption of input materials
Supply chains (which production units should produce what and how much?)
The planning process
Decision Making on Future expansion plans, product mix
This solution is mainly suitable for any CPG/FMCG company like LG, HUL, RB, P&G…etc. PMCA can be customized for other verticals related to manufacturing